Saturday, June 2, 2012

Raspberry/Lemon Muffins

My grandsons were picking Raspberries at a field across the road from us. I had them pick me as much Raspberries as they could, so I could make homemade "Raspberry Jam". I will write a recipe blog for my jam later. It's been a long while since I've bake or even made jams, pickles, etc. My children want my recipes so I decided to write this blog with my recipes and recipes that I find and change it around a bit to make them my own. Here's a photo of the homemade biscuits and homemade Raspberry Jam I made a few weeks ago.
**Just a quick note: in all my baking recipes I use Organic staples such as Flour, Butter, Shortening,     Milk, Sugar, Oil, Sea Salt and Fruit when possible.



Now for the Raspberry/Lemon Muffins. There wasn't enough Raspberries out in the field so I had to purchase some. I made about 3 batches for my youngest grandson's 2nd grade school brunch, they were a hit.

Bake: at 400                                                                                                                 Yield: 1-1/2 doz

2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup sugar
1 Tb baking powder
1/2 tsp salt **(see note above)
2 eggs beaten
1 Cup half-and-half cream
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 Tb lemon zest
1-1/2 fresh or frozen raspberries


    In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix dry ingredients with a fork.

             In another bowl you will want to beat the eggs lightly then combine with your liquid ingredients.




                                            I blended the liquids with the eggs with a whisk
                Make a well in your dry ingredients, then pour the eggs mixture into the well all at once
                                                               Add the lemon zest
                    Fold in raspberries. I cut the raspberries in 4th's instead of using whole berries
                                     I just want to take a dive into this raspberry mixture hahaha
                         Grease or line muffin cups. I used a ladle to fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, make
                          sure you wipe off any spills. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown
                                         Cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan
      One word "Yummy" 


Becca








No comments:

Post a Comment