Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Spirit of Opera Within Us

As our guest speaker starts to speak at our church my husband gets a call from his family regarding his mother.  I told my husband to speak with our Pastor's wife so she could advise him on what to do.  While I take over the video recording, I start to take in the events of what happened earlier that afternoon. 

We had an incredible time hearing amazing worship performed by our guest.  Before we left our church my husband gets a phone call, he is told his mother is being taken to the hospital.  My mother in-law was in a diabetic Coma, her sugar level was at a 10, she had pneumonia which caused her lungs to be filled with fluid, she was not expected to make it.  As we get to the hospital, my husband's brothers and their wives were outside trying to deal with the fact that their mother was a breath away from death.  Lonnie and I walk in her room, we hold hands and start to pray for his mother.  The doctor comes in the room to let us know that her brain has zero activity.  They don't know how long she had been in the state she was in, before her youngest son found her.  The only thing that was keeping her alive was the breathing machine.  My mother in-law had a living will where she didn't want to be resuscitated.  We leave her room and decide to head back to church.  We wanted to be around our church family, we couldn't think of a better place to be during this time (in the presence of the Holy Spirit). 

As the quest speaker starts the Opera of Worship, Lonnie comes back in after speaking to our pastor's wife, we are about to leave for the hospital, when I go up to some of our friends (who are so amazing) to let them know that the doctor is going to remove the breathing machine. The doctor wants to see if she can breath on her own.  If she can not, the doctor will not resuscitate.  As our friends gather around me to pray, I look for my husband and wave him over so we could lay hands on him.  As we start to pray in the spirit something powerful is taking place in the spirit realm.  You can hear the music starting to get intense. You can sense the angels all around us, I feel like I am going in to a different level in the Spirit Realm.  I always pray in the spirit, but never out loud and with such depth especially in front of people. At that moment I realize that I am begging the Father for my mother in-law's life, she really hadn't lived her life to it's fullest.  In her own mind my mother in-law had very a miserable life, she was a very wounded soul.  I then hear this wailing and I notice that it was me, it came from the deepest part of my soul, I don't remember for how long the wailing went on.  I knew at that moment that it was my mother in-law's time to depart this planet. This is the role she's been waiting for, for a long time now.  I then go down in the spirit, I laid there for awhile. When I get up I am having a very difficult time standing, it was hard coming back from where ever I was in the spirit.  After my husband had a quite moment with God we leave for the hospital hoping beyond hope that it's all a bad dream.  When we get there my mother in-law was having a very difficult time breathing on her own.  I stood next to her and stroke her hair, told her that I loved her very much. In her day she was a very beautiful women, she could of been an actress or even a model.  I think of the years she wasted on not being the woman God created her to be, the wife, mother, and grandmother.  Craving all the attention but never giving any in return.  My husband held her hand telling her that he loved her and kept telling her to breathe, not to give up.  We all stayed by her side until we were told we had to leave her room.  While we were in the waiting room we decided there was nothing else to be done but leave her in God's hands.  My husband gets a phone call after 4:00 in the morning, letting us know that my mother in-law's heart is losing the battle.  It was a beautiful Monday morning when my mother in-law past away.  It is my prayer that she made peace with God before she left this earth and that she is finally at peace.

Becca M. Adkins

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing your journey over the few difficult days, I think it helps others to read how you coped with the news and hopefully inspire them to turn to God for assistance too. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete