Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Bride Of Christ


I had a vision in June 16, 2004, during Praise & Worship. I saw layers upon layers of white sheer fabric. The Lord showed me that it was for a wedding. That Jesus is preparing His church, the Bride of Christ for His return. Then I saw a Lamb resting on one of the chairs there in church. The Lamb of God is waiting for us to get ready for His coming. I didn't know what it all meant since I was new to all of this (my visions about the bride).

A few days later I was reading a book by Dr. Bill Hamon, "Prophets & Personal Prophecy" (God's Prophetic Voice Today) In the second chapter it speaks of the church and the bride of Christ. The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be properly prepared, clothed, and made ready for her wedding day. Jesus is coming for a Bride to enter into a joint-heir reign with Him over all His vast domain. The Church-Bride can not be an undeveloped little girl or an old wrinkled woman. She must be in the prime of beauty and performance. The Church-Bride must be fully clothed with her wedding garments, which are the garments of salvation, the robe of righteousness, the garment of praise, the armor of God, and fully equipped with her weapons of warfare. Which are the gifts of the Holy Spirit, her sword is the word of God, which is made sharp by the revelation knowledge provided by the prophets.
 Dr. Bill Hamon, "Prophets & Personal Prophecy" (God's Prophetic Voice Today)

That is so beautiful, knowing that we get to reign with Jesus over His domain. Knowing that  Jesus (My King) loves and cherishes me, keeps me going day after day and not giving up. It also me helps me to continue moving forward and hang on to the knowledge that He is coming for me, His Bride (His Queen) yay!

~Becca M. Adkins~

No comments:

Post a Comment