Thursday, April 26, 2012

In Awe of Him

I truly love this scripture Ephesians 1:3-14
 3-6  How blessed is God! And what a blessing He is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in Him. Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into His family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of His lavish gift giving by the hand of His beloved Son.

7-10  Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, His blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people - free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans He took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long - range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in Him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

11-12  It's in Christ that we find who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, He had His eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone.

13-14  It's in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free-signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what's coming, a reminder that we'll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.

 This is the scripture I came across Ephesians 1:3-14 as I was looking over my Message bible I purchased in California a few weeks ago.  I started to get teary eyed where it says Abba Father is the father of our Master Jesus Christ. Jesus our Master, WOW! We belong to Him! He paid a price for us and we are His and He is ours. I read this scripture before, but I've never seen it put in words like this before. I just wanted to shout out loud about God's mercy and goodness. Here our Papa had the angels and His creatures who sang to Him and communicated with on a daily bases, but he choose us! He wanted us to spend time with, to walk, and talk and share things with. When Papa created the universe He had us in mind. Everything, everything, and I mean everything he created was for us to enjoy and take pleasure in. He held nothing back including His Son Jesus Christ. Everything He has belongs to us, we have no lack, no wants, no needs. That just blows me away every time I read that scripture and hear it out loud. We just have to believe and accept this within our spirit. Because of Jesus we are free, free from sin, bondage, addictions, disease, poverty, sickness. What a selfless act Jesus did for us, all of this because of His infinite love for us. There is absolutely nothing, I mean nothing that can take that away from us. He is my King, my love, my hope, the one I am waiting for.

 ~Becca M. Adkins~

No comments:

Post a Comment