Monday, July 16, 2012

Roast Beef Tacos


I made tacos yesterday afternoon using roast beef  I made the night before and my own taco seasoning. I also fried up the taco shells using corn tortillas.

Taco Ingredients:
Chuck Roast
6 whole Chile de Arbol (dried chili peppers)
1/2 cup of California Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
1Tbs Cumin (ground)
2 Tbs diced Garlic
1 whole fresh Onion
Lime Juice from 5 fresh limes
Cilantro
Sawnson Beef Broth (the whole carton)

For the filling I used:
Roast Beef
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cilantro
3 Cheeses Shredded
Avocado
Sour Cream
Fresh Salsa
Lime juice

I saw a recipe for tacos on a website. I liked how she used her own taco seasoning so I wanted to make my own version of it. On both sides of the Roast I used a knife to make little slits. In a bowl I added the California Red Chili Powder, salt and chopped garlic with the garlic juice. I then mixed the ingredients together and used a spoon to rub the mixture on both sides of the roast, put it in the slow cooker and added the dried chili peppers and one whole fresh onion. I slowed cooked the roast for about 5 1/2 hrs without any liquid. I wanted the rub I on put on the roast to cook in before I added any broth to the roast. I then took the roast out of the slow cooker set it on a cutting board, and added Sawnson Beef Broth, lime juice and Cumin to the slow cooker. I shredded the roast, squeeze lime juice on the roast, sprinkled some cumin on the roast and slowed cooked the roast again for about 30 minutes. Right before the roast is ready I chopped up some lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro, put them aside. While I waited I snacked on Tostitos with a hint of lime, and sour cream as a dip, oh so very good. I then made the taco shells. I placed paper towels on a glass baking dish so the oil will drain from the taco shells onto the paper towels. Once you are done making the shells you can start filling the shells. You can add whatever toppings you like. I added Avocado and Sour Cream and Fresh Salsa. This time I wanted something different so I squeezed more time juice on top of my fresh salsa and oh my, it was so, so good.

* Note*  on the seasonings you can add more or little depending on your taste. I usually do it by site if it looks like it needs more of something I'll add it. You can also use flour tortillas or instead of hard taco shells you can make soft tacos by warming up the corn tortillas. You can also used whatever filling you like for you taco, I also like making pork tacos and chicken tacos. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment